Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Off Schedual

To start off, this is not Fred. This is Erin..and like the loser I am I can't remember either my ID or like my password or something....anyway. The biggest thing that I learned over this entire trip was to be flexible with things going unaccording to schedual. It's not so much that I won't go through with things, because I will go with the flow but with a terrible attitude. I totally just think that everything will end up horribly and I just want to get it over with. I'm pretty sure it was on the very first day when we went to the park for dinner and planned to do dramas right after. Our translator talked to a guy who worked at the park and he said that we could do whatever, but we couldn't use our speaker to play anything.... first I was just like....jeez we just brought over all of the equipment from across the street and second i thought, what on earth are we supposed to do???? So we went for a prayer walk and then when my partner and I went In a couple of circles we saw that the rest of the team was making balloons for kids and handing them out. So I joined them and it turned out perfectly. Then out of the crazy blue, this guy shows up and starts making these professional balloon shapes for the kids. Turned out that he was a pastor and all and he even prayed for us afterwards. I was just awed that those type of miracle stories that I hear every so often are actually true and actually happen to people like us and a person like me.
After that the surprises didn't stop coming. Usually space was limited wherever we went so we had to improvise pretty much everytime we did skits...and usually we would do random projects or cancel projects just off the spot. There was even one time where another team took our food by accident so we had to just scrimmage around the base. Haha, we actually found basically the same thing that we would have had anyway. We have been having sandwiches for at least one meal for the past 5 days or so.....Anyway, I'm so proud of our team and their ability to be flexible and excited for whatever came in store for us.

-Erin
July 7th, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment