Saturday, July 4, 2009

July 4th!

Hola everyone!!

its a meee Jenny!!! Saying hello from Ensenada! Our team just got back from a most delicious dinner! Tacoss!!! Earlier we had done a soup kitchen for some of the kids somwhere in Mexico?? haha.. We performed some skits and sang LOTS of songs and just played aruond with them! I personally had an awesome time there, because I finally got to have a real conversation in Spanish with one of the kids, Marisa! and i felt quite proud of myself for it for it was one of the goals I had set for this trip..sooo. yay me! I also played alot of jump rope with the kids where I had to count in Spanish as well over and over and over again where now i feel like I could learn math in Spanish relaly easily or something..

Anyways... after we hung aruond with the kids most the whole day, we spent the rest of the day SHOPPING!! Most people bought some cool shades(sunglasses) and as for me .. what else but... .CANDY!! hehehe..

Now we are just chilling aruond the base having an awesome time with the staff, who are very cool btw! I just had a lovely time laughing my face off from just hearing one of the staff talk to me with a thick spanish accent! I love it! hahaha..

To end this very long post.. I would just like to say that I am having a GREAT time.. besides the fact that I was sick almost all day yesterday.. i had TOO spicy of food.. and welll.. bad things came out.. and it isn't that great of a story. .soo.. I'm just quite thankful I'm better! and am hoping I stay that way the rest of the time here! Thank you all for your support! it has not been a waste I will definately tell you that! Thank you all again. miss you all!!

~Jenny

2 comments:

  1. i miss you too jenny
    i like the part about marisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Sounds like you guys are having a really awesome time. Great to hear that you guys get to have some relaxation time too.

    ReplyDelete